Saturday, July 3, 2010

Would You All Like a Seminar this Year?

I can't believe it has been a year since I published my first post. I hope the consistency of being able to read the blog when you want has been positive in helping everyone remember why we share karate with kids. Writing it has helped me remember.

A few teachers and I were talking about whether we should try to fit an afternoon of 'Karate for Kids' into our busy schedules. We decided to write out and ask you all. The list of things we could cover is long (and kinda boring), so I'll mention a couple:

Teens, How do we Keep them Interested?
Special Needs Kids.
How do we Get Our Helpers to be Consistent?

And finally: I had some good feedback on running a mock class and letting teachers watch. We follow that up with a half an hour of brainstorming what worked, what didn't and why. There are several classes that people like to watch and here are a couple:

I'm alone with a dozen kids of all ages, and ranks and I run stations.
I have only one helper. I keep the class running while my helper takes out kids to work on rank appropriate information.

Any of the classes I have written about in the last year: weapons, music, changing up sparring, changing up kata, self-defense.

Please send me feedback on this. If you all don't have time for an afternoon seminar, no worries. If you are interested, we'll try to figure out a time, place, and subject to keep us punching. Do you have a subject you would like me to discuss. Let me know!

Thanks to all of you who have been visiting these posts.
oos,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.